Exceptional People Create Exceptional Projects
Nominate An Exceptional Person for the CBN HUB Awards!
CBN has been presenting the HUB (Heroes Underpinning Brownfields) Awards since 2016. They're given to recognize brownfielders who are making a significant contribution to the progress of brownfield redevelopment in Canada. There are three awards, each designed to correspond to a different stage of career growth:
- Foundation: Presented to a contributor to the Brownfield industry in Canada who has had a profound impact on how things are done today. Their work has provided a Foundation upon which the current practices and policies have been based. This is a “career achievement” award
- Pillar: Presented to a recipient who has proven to be a Pillar of Strength in a significant aspect of the Brownfield industry in Canada. They continue to provide valuable expertise and influence into the policies and practices that we are employing. The Pillar award is a mid-career award
- Vision: Presented to a relative new-comer to the Brownfield Industry in Canada and who is providing valuable insight into programs, policies or practices that will be improving how Brownfield redevelopment in Canada is completed.
The 2018 winners were:
- Foundation: Angus Ross, L & A Concepts, Picton, ON
- Pillar: Meggen Janes, Waterfront Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Vision: Reanne Ridsdale, Toronto, Ontario
For more information on the 2018 winners, please click here.
The Awards were presented at CBN's 2018 Conference, National Brownfield Summit: Charting the Future, held in Toronto June 13, 2018.