2018 Brownie Award Winners
The 19th annual Brownie Awards were presentedat the Brownie Awards Gala, held November 21, 2018 at the Delta Toronto Hotel.
List of Winners
Category 1: REPROGRAM – Legislation, policy and program initiatives
- Excess Soils Bylaw Tool, Ont.
Category 2: REMEDIATE - Sustainable remediation and technological innovation
- Cates Landing Development, District of North Vancouver, B.C.
Category 3: REINVEST - Financing, risk management and partnerships
- The Bentway, Toronto, Ont.
Category 4: REBUILD - Redevelopment at the local, site scale
- The Pier Development by Pinnacle International, Vancouver, B.C.
Category 5: RENEW - Redevelopment at the community scale
- Greystone Village, Ottawa, Ont.
Category 6: REACH OUT - Communication, marketing and public engagement
- Carcross-Tagish Management Corporation Stewardship Program, Carcross, Yukon
Category 7: Best small-scale project
- East Village Junction, Calgary, Alta.
Category 8: Best large-scale project
- Zibi, Ottawa, Ont. and Gatineau, Que.
Category 9: Best overall project
- ERASE CIP 2018, Hamilton, Ont. and Kingston Failed Tax Sales, Kingston, Ont.
Category 10: Brownfielder of the Year
- Chris De Sousa, Ryerson University School of Urban and Regional Planning, Toronto, Ont.
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists, and thank you to our judges, sponsors and everyone who supported the Awards by attending the Gala!